Historic William Kehoe House

The Kehoe House is one of the most impressive historic homes in Savannah.

Kehoe House123 Habersham
Columbia Square
National Historic Register

The Kehoe House is one of the most impressive historic homes in Savannah. This Queen Anne brick mansion was built as a single-family residence in 1893 by architect Dewitt Bruyn for William Kehoe, a local foundry workers. The dark red brick mansion features Corinthian columns, bay windows beneath a parapet, single, double and triple windows, a truncated turret and a variegated roofline. Surrounded by balconies and porches, tourists are often surprised to learn that Kehoe used cast iron for all the exterior trim.

William Kehoe left Wexford County, Ireland with his family and arrived in Savannah when he was ten years old. After an apprenticeship as an iron molder, Kehoe later became the owner of a successful iron foundry. William and his wife Annie had ten children, and built this imposing house to accommodate their large family.  

The William Kehoe House was beautifully restored to its original splendor in the late 1990s and opened as a historic inn, complete with period furnishings. Another restoration in 2003 updated amenities and décor. The property consists of the original home with twelve “bedchambers” and a townhouse located across the garden courtyard offering one bedchamber and two suites. The spacious rooms are named for prominent members of the area’s history including Juliette Gordon Low, Tomo-chi-chi, James Oglethorpe, and Johnny Mercer. Each room is decorated to display some element of the namesake's character and explains why they are remembered.

The Kehoe House has earned a reputation as one of the most elegant inns in Savannah and is a perfect choice for a wedding or romantic getaway.

For more information:

(912) 232-1020 / (800) 820-1020
Kehoe House

From the Kehoe House to Savannah's best bed and breakfasts

Custom Search