Historic Philbrick-Eastman House

Philbrick-Eastman HousePhilbrick-Eastman House
17 West McDonough Street
Chippewa Square

The Philbrick-Eastman House is best known for its iron fence with mediallions of prominent men. This is part of the same ironwork that surrounds the fountain in front of the Cotton Exchange building on Bay Street.

Philbrick-Eastman House Iron Fence - ByronIron Fence Medallion
Philbrick-Eastman House Iron Fence - StoryIron Fence Medallion
Philbrick-Eastman House Iron Fence - WashingtonIron Fence Medallion
Philbrick-Eastman House Iron Fence - WhiteIron Fence Medallion

Although construction of this Greek revival mansion was started in 1844 for Moses Eastman, a local silversmith, it was not completed until 1847 – for John Stoddard. Built by Irish-born architect, Charles B. Cluskey, the home features the Doric columns so common in his designs. The third story was added in 1911.

This elegant home has been home to a number of distinguished Savannah families and is currently in private hands.

From the Philbrick-Eastman House back to Historic Homes

Custom Search