127 Barnard Street
Designed by John B. Hogg and dedicated in 1848, Trinity Methodist Church is the oldest Methodist church in Savannah. Built of Savannah gray brick in the Greek Revival style, the sanctuary is a fine example of Corinthian architecture.
Savannah’s first Methodist Church, Wesley Chapel, was established in 1807 by John Wesley, known as the founder of Methodism, and located at the corner of Lincoln Street and Oglethorpe Avenue. The congregation later purchased a lot on Telfair Square where they erected the present Trinity church building in 1848. In 1862 Wesley Chapel was closed, and the two churches became one, known as Trinity Church.
For more information: